Friday, February 08, 2008

Something smelly this way comes...

Well, it has turned out to be a very interesting day around here...

I was sitting at the desk, updating the webpage and I hear what seems to be footsteps walking down the hall. I check it out, as everyone else should be asleep at this point even though it's the middle of the day. There was nothing there, to my very great relief!

Alas, what's this? I hear what sounds like the poor cat trapped in the guest/music room. Nope wasn't him, but it smelled like he'd managed to miss the litter box by about a mile. Oh, well... We're putting new carpet in there anyway.

Then, shocker of shockers, it sounds as if the heating ducts are trying to push themselves up through the floors with a great rattle and bang. I almost had to call 9-1-1 to put my heart back into my chest. Instead I get Mike up from his nap and tell him what's going on. He, of course, looks at me like I'm wearing the lastest in back buckling sleeves.

Then there it is. The most horrible smell.

It seems that we're the proud new owners of a skunk. Said skunk has taken up residence beneath the house (oh, why didn't we get a house with a basement???) and apparently delights in scaring the **** out of me.

Days like this I wish I still lived in Scottsdale... *sigh*

Excuse me while I go yell at the owl sitting in the tree outside my window and the coyotes in the distance to shut the heck up so I can go to sleep. Where's a good siren when you need one?

Kat

No comments: